Prop K Portal
Given its oversight responsibilities assigned by the voters of the City and County of San Francisco, the SFCTA funds and manages hundreds of transportation projects. Oversight of these projects includes scope, schedule, budget and various conditions and deliverables. Currently, progress of these projects is inefficiently tracked in a series of spreadsheets and databases. The SFCTA seeks to begin improving efficiencies by leveraging current technology and agile development processes to build an integrated, web-based, project tracking application. This application should provide SFCTA partners the ability to submit Quarterly Progress Report (QPRs) information and SFCTA staff the ability to process, approve and report on said information.
Challenge: Tracking transportation projects to ensure that they are delivered according to the scope, schedule, budget and other conditions approved by the authority board
Outcome: Establish a web-based system that project sponsors can use to provide project updates and the Authority staff to review, accept, and analyze progress reports and produce-related reports.
- The application automatically pulls data from a legacy Access Database on a daily basis.
- Allows agencies to provide progress reports on a Quarterly, Monthly or Weekly basis.
- Notifies responsible parties when progress reports are due, and when a new report has been submitted.
- Provides a simple interface for approving reports, or when they are incomplete, requesting additional information.
- Allows agencies to attach files and images to reports to show actual progress on the project.
- Provides reports to help track hundreds of projects across multiple agencies.